- WHAT IS EIS?
- WHOM CONTRIBUTES TO EIS?
- IS THE EIS DEDUCTION AVAILABLE IN SAGE PAYROLL SOFTWARE?
- HOW TO PROCESS EIS USING SAGE PAYROLL?
- DO WE NEED TO DO ANYTHING MANUALLY, SO THAT THE CORRECT AMOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED?
- DO WE NEED TO REMOVE THE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE 60 YEARS & ABOVE MANUALY FROM EIS DEDUCTION?
- IS THERE A REPORT THAT SHOWS THE EIS DEDUCTION FOR THE MONTH?
- IS THERE A FORM IN GOVERNMENT MODULE FOR US TO SUBMIT THE CONTRIBUTION DIRECTLY FROM SAGE SOFTWARE?
- WHEN WILL THIS FINALIZED?
- WHAT IS THE SUBMISSION DATE?
- WE NEED TO SUBMIT THE EIS FORM SIP1A & SIP2A. WHERE IN SAGE PAYROLL CAN I FIND THIS FORM?
- WHEN WILL THE EIS FILE SUBMISSION FORMAT BE AVAILABLE IN SAGE PAYROLL?
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: PERKESO’S TERMS
The Employment Insurance System, (SIP) was first implemented in January 2018 as a social security network aimed at helping workers who lost their jobs for financial assistance and seeking new jobs.
Provide immediate financial assistance (7 days after job loss confirmation) to job loss contributors.
Helping contributors who lost their jobs get new jobs through job relocation programs including mobility assistance.
Increase the job absence of job losses by vocational training & training programs
All private sector employers need to pay monthly contributions for each employee. (Exempt from civil servants, domestic servants and self-employed)
Employee is a person employed by an employer under a service contract or apprenticeship. The service contract or apprentice is either written or oral, express or implied.
All employees aged 18 years to 60 years old must be nominated except for employees aged 57 years and above and no contribution has been paid before reaching 57 years.
Defined contribution coverage is subject to the insured ceiling (GYD) of RM4000.00
Yes, The EIS updates is available on Sage Payroll version 220.127.116.11.
EIS Contribution Setting
There are 2 locations that you can do the setting:
Personnel – Add/Update Employee – Govern. Tab – Insurance section
Tick – This employee is contributing to EIS.
Untick – This employee is not contributing to EIS.
Personnel – C… EIS Employee Setting
The purpose of this menu enhancement is to ease user to check on the Employee contribute to EIS status. These 2 settings are updated simultaneously.
- Example, if you untick “Contribute to EIS” for Employee A: Personnel File Maintenance Govern. menu, EIS Employee Setting table for Employee A will be untick as well.
If an employee is ticked at EIS Employee Setting table but employee pay status = inactive, it will not auto tick at Personnel File Maintenance- Govern Tab.
Yes. Once you update to the latest version, a New table maintenance setting will be available.
You must go to each table setting and specify if the EIS must be enabled for each transaction type, in accordance to your Payroll processing rules, if any of the mentioned table is subjected to EIS Calculation as per your company policy.
If you are not sure which of the below Payments, Allowances, Deductions are subjected to EIS calculation, please contact your Tax advisor or your Accountant. Refer to the screen below;
Table maintenance setting for EIS Contribution
Please untick “Contribute to EIS” either Personnel File Maintenance or EIS Employee Setting feature/function if your employee did not contribute to EIS.
This is going to be a monthly submission that must be submitted on the 15th of each month. The first submission must be on 15th February 2018.
iPerkeso is getting the Perkeso Assist Portal ready at the beginning of February.
- You should wait until the system is available. Once it is available, the company and all their employees currently registered in SOCSO will be automatically updated. You do not need to do anything unless you want to add in new employee or remove certain employees.
- Form SIP1A and Form SIP2A are optional if you can NOT wait until February and want to make sure that your company and employees are registered in EIS.
- NB: However, these forms will NOT be accepted anymore from 1st Feb 2018 when the actual Perkeso Assist Portal is up and running.
- Since you do not need to do anything as the Perkeso Assist Portal will automatically updated the company and employee’s information, you do not need to submit Form SIP1A and SIP2A.
- If you still want to proceed, you may need to download the forms or obtain the forms from SOCSO office. These forms are not available in Sage Payroll.
If the company wishes to make payment before Perkeso Assist Portal is ready, ie before February 2018, you can still make payment manually at Perkeso
- Counter or Bank Counter:
- Manual submission must bring along the proof of contribution record, which is the ACR (for SOCSO) and ECR (for EIS).
- Current payment option is available for ACR (for SOCSO) only.
- Currently there is no option to pay EIS, and no option to generate ECR (for EIS).
- ACR is meant for SOCSO contribution record reference. This reference key is always unique. User is required to generate it upon each of the SOCSO payment cycle.
- Without ACR, you will not be able to make payment for SOCSO (regardless online payment or manual payment).
- ECR is meant for EIS contribution record reference. This reference key is always unique. User is required to generate it upon each of the EIS payment cycle.
- Without ECR, you will not be able to make payment for EIS (regardless online payment or manual payment).
- Videos from Perkeso: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/index.php/en/video
- How to generate ACR (SOCSO contribution reference number) from Perkeso Assist Portal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzwVNr3Wijo
- What is Perkeso Assist Portal: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/index.php/en/129-publications/news-cutting/disember-2017/450-what-is-perkeso-assist-portal
- User Guide for Perkeso Assist Portal: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/portal/usermanual/assist-user-manual.pdf
- Official statement from Perkeso about the Perkeso Assist Portal: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/index.php/en/perkeso-assist-portal